Valrico is an unincorporated census-designated place located in Hillsborough County, Florida.
According to the U.S Census Bureau, Valrico has a total area of 5.7 square miles, of which 5.6 square miles is land and 0.1 square miles is water.
ZIP codes for Valrico include: 33594 – 33595 (Standard code) and 33595 (PO Box code).
This tranquil, suburban community, located just east of Brandon, has high-ranked schools and many family neighborhoods to choose from.
Once a region of cotton plantations known as “Long Pond,” Valrico was given its current name, which means ”rich valley” in Spanish.
The convenient shops of Lithia Crossing in Valrico include: a Publix Supermarket , Walgreens, Stein Mart, Panera Bread, Chilies, several banks, a late hour urgent care facility and more.
Conveniently located just 12.2 miles from Tampa, Valrico residents also have easy access to a variety of amenties in the surrounding area including: great restaurants, nightlife, shopping venues, museums and popular attractions like Busch Gardens, the Florida Aquarium, Lowery Park zoo and more.
Macdill Airforce Base in Tampa is approximately 23 miles from Valrico and the Tampa International airport is about a 35 minute drive.
Valrico, FL Climate and Health Index
Valrico, like the rest of greater Tampa Bay, Florida, has a humid subtropical climate. On average, Valrico has 245 sunny days per year with July highs around 92 degrees and January lows around 49 degrees. Valrico gets about 54 inches of rain per year. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is around111.
Air quality in Valrico is 38 on a scale to 100 (higher is better), based on ozone alert days and number of pollutants in the air, as reported by the EPA. Water quality in Valrico is 33 on a scale to 100 (higher is better), as report by the EPA.
Valrico, FL Population Statistics
As of 2011, Valrico’s population is 10,158 people. There are 1,817 people per square mile (population density). Since 2000, Valrico has experienced a population growth of 54.38%. Median age is 44.4. 56.93% of people in Valrico are married and 10.76% are divorced. The average household size is 2.39 people. 34.30% of people are married with children and 45.07% have children and single.
Valrico, FL Economy
The unemployment rate in Valrico is 10.70%, with job growth at -0.48%. Future job growth over the next ten years is expected to be around 28.34%. Valrico sales tax rate is 7.00%. Income per capita is $26,220, which includes all adults and children. Median household income in Valrico is $46,770.
Population by Occupation in Valrico, FL
- Management, Business, and Financial Operations 15.14%
- Professional and Related Occupations 14.21%
- Service 13.00%
- Sales and Office 27.16%
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry 2.27%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 11.03%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 19.57%
Valrico, FL Real Estate and Housing
If you’re in the market to buy real estate in Valrico Florida or thinking about relocating to Valrico Florida, you’ll find many residential options to choose from.
Whether you’re looking for Valrico Florida luxury and estate homes, Valrico Florida single-family homes, Valrico Florida townhomes or short sales in Valrico Florida, we can help you find exactly what you’re looking for!
The median home value in Valrico is $138,000 with home appreciation at -9.56% over the last year. The median age of Valrico Florida real estate is 17 years. Renters make up 17.75% of the population and 8.93% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Public Schools in Valrico, FL
Valrico is served by the Hillsborough County Schools and spends approximately $4,252 per student. There are 21 students per teacher, 1,138 students per librarian, and 571 students per counselor. Public schools in Valrico include:
- Alafia Elementary School – 3535 Culbreath Road (81) 774-8190
- Buckhorn Elementary School – 2420 Buckhorn School Ct. (813-744-8240)
- Cimino Elementary School – 4329 Culbreath Rd. (813-740-4450)
- Lithia Springs Elementary School – 4332 Lynx Paw Trail (813-744-8016)
- Valrico Elementary School – 609 S Miller Rd. (813-744-6777)
- Mulrennan Middle School – 4215 Durant Rd. (813-651-2100)
- Bloomingdale Senior High School – 1700 Bloomingdale Ave. (813) 744-8018
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 Students nearest to Valrico, FL
- Everest University-Brandon – Tampa (about 8 miles)
- University of South Florida-Main Campus – Tampa (about 13 miles)
- Hillsborough Community College – Tampa (about 14 miles)
- The University of Tampa – Tampa (about 14 miles)
- Southeastern University – Lakeland (about 21 miles)
- University of South Florida-St. Petersburg Campus – St Petersburg (about 27 miles)
- Saint Leo University - St. Leo (about 28 miles)
- List of Tampa Bay area college/university websites
Valrico, FL Educational Statistics
- 2 yr College Grad. 5.00%
- 4 yr College Grad. 15.30%
- Graduate Degrees 5.60%
- High School Grads. 82.83%
Hospitals/Medical Centers nearest to Valrico, FL
- Tampa General Hospital – Tampa (about. 14 miles)
- Brandon Regional Hospital – Brandon (about. 5 miles)
- St Joseph’s Hospital – Tampa – (about. 13 miles)
- List of Hospitals/Medical Center in Hillsborough County
Parks in or Near Valrico Florida
- Valrico Park - located next to Valrico Elementary School offers park visitors the following amenities: kids playground, picnic pavilion, basketball courts and a football stadium and practice field that’s home to the Brandon Valrico Rams youth football league.
- List of parks in and around Valrico
Valrico, FL Transportation and Commute
Hillsborough Area Regional Authority (HART) provides public transportation and Valrico is served by the Tampa International Airport. Nearest Amtrak stations include: Tampa – 601 Nebraska Ave. (about 13 miles) and Lakeland – 600 Mirror Lake Drive Dr. (about 20 miles). The average one-way commute in Valrico takes 28 minutes. 82% of commuters drive their own car alone, 7% carpool with others, 1% take mass transit and 7% work from home.
I’m a proud member of the Greater Tampa Association of REALTORS®, Florida REALTORS®, and National Association of REALTORS®, as well as the Mid-Florida Regional Multiple Listing Service. These relationships guarantee my Greater Tampa Bay buyer’s immediate access to hundreds of the newest Greater Tampa Bay listings on the market each day while also providing my Greater Tampa Bay seller’s exposure to a huge network of buyers from across the state, country, and globe.
As my customer’s attest, I am a committed and passionate Greater Tampa Bay REALTOR® who prides myself on putting my customer’s priorities above all else. My determination and attention to detail allows my customers to receive first class service with utmost integrity.
Please call or send me an email today so we can discuss how I can best serve your Tampa Bay Florida real estate needs!
CDPE – Certified Distressed Property Expert
KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY
2119 W. Brandon Blvd., #A
Brandon, FL 33511
813.786.5946 – cell
813.684.8400 – fax